Applications, Forms & Permits

Please note: The following list is not an all-inclusive list.  

if you do not find the Application, Form or Permit that you are looking for, please contact city hall at 785-594-6427.

Applications, Forms & Permits

Alcohol Licensing

There are 3 types of licenses for selling alcoholic beverages.  Depending on the type of business, you will need a Liquor, Drinking Establishment, and/or Cereal Malt Beverage License.  If you are holding a Special Event where alcoholic beverages will be served, you will need to obtain Alcohol Licensing and approval from the City Council.

City Alcohol License Application

Employees Responsible for Sale of Alcohol

State of Kansas Liquor Application (ABC-800)

City Code - Alcoholic Liquor (Chapter 3, Article 3)

City Code - Cereal Malt Beverage (Chapter 3, Article 2)

City Ordinance 1401 - Cereal Malt Beverage Limit 6%

State of Kansas CMB Handbook

Cereal Malt Beverage Individual/Sole Proprietor Application

Cereal Malt Beverage Partnership Application

Cereal Malt Beverage Corporate Application

Building Permit

Building Permits are issued for various projects including new construction, remodel work, alterations, accessory buildings, fences, irrigation, and other connections to the City of Baldwin potable water system, electrical, plumbing, heating, and mechanical work.  To obtain a building permit application, call Public Utilities Building at 785.594.6907.

Fireworks Sales

Application for permit to sell consumer fireworks in the City of Baldwin shall be in writing on forms provided by the City of Baldwin. Completed applications must be received no later than June 1. Incomplete applications shall be returned. Approved applications are for the sale of legal 1.4G (consumer fireworks) in the State of Kansas. 

Digital Form

Fireworks Stand Application

City Fireworks Code

City Fireworks Inspection Checklist

City Ordinance - 1230 Fireworks

Open Burn permit

Permits are required for all open burning. These permits can be obtained at Baldwin City Hall during normal business hours.  A burn permit can only be obtained by the legal property owner. When burning, the permit must be readily accessible on site at all times.  Once a permit is obtained, the applicant must call the Douglas County Dispatch Center just prior to igniting their fire (785) 843-0250. Click HERE for Rangeland Fire Danger Forecast from the National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office.


For additional information and/or description of this licensing, click this link Chapter 5 of the Code for Business Regulations



Request for Funding

Working on a community improvement project?

Request for Funding Form

Special Event Application

All events taking place on any public property and/or obstructing or redirecting vehicular or pedestrian traffic must have an associated Special Event Permit. Click here for guidelines and the required permit application. If you will be serving alcohol at your event, see above for Alcohol Licensing and City requirements.

What do I need for a Special Event??

Special Event Application

City Ordinance 1272 - Special Events Alcohol

Temporary Noise Permit

Commercial Use of Sidewalks - Article 5-603

Apply for Temporary Liquor License & Temporary License Handbook

Tobacco Sales License

Any business selling tobacco products is required to obtain a Tobacco Sales License from the City.  

Tobacco License Application

City Code - Tobacco Products (Chapter 5, Article 5)