Baldwin City Public Spaces to Remain Closed through Phase One
In light of the governor’s Reopen Kansas Plan announced Thursday, April 30, the City of Baldwin City will not open its public spaces to visitors during Phase One, including:
- City Hall
- The Police Department
- The Public Utility Building
We will reevaluate in accordance with the governor’s rules on May 18th.
FOR CITY HALL:
Please use the dropbox to pay bills or drop off any paperwork.
Call with questions: 785-594-6427.
FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT:
Please call 911 for emergencies. Non-emergency number: 785-594-3850.
FOR PUBLIC WORKS:
Place deliveries outside the door. Call with questions: 785-594-6907.
- City Hall
- Public Works Lobby
- Police Department Office
Here is an overview of the State of Kansas and Douglas County’s Phase One Reopening Plan:
Douglas County is following Governor Kelly’s phased-in approach to begin allowing some businesses to reopen once the Kansas stay-home order expires at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, May 3, with two exceptions. Douglas County will keep libraries and in-house services for restaurants closed through May 17.
- Bars and nightclubs, excluding those already operating curbside and carryout service
- Non-tribal casinos
- Theaters, museums and other indoor leisure spaces such as trampoline parks and arcades
- Fitness centers and gyms
- Nail salons, barber shops, hair salons, tanning salons, tattoo parlors and other personal service businesses where close contact cannot be avoided
- In-house services for restaurants (can continue offering takeout, delivery and drive-through services)