Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
There are things being built, renovated, surveyed, and moved all over town. If you’re wondering what’s going on, here’s your inside scoop: What’s happening now, what’s in the works this year, and what’s nearly finished. Plus, the all-important question... Are we getting a Casey’s?
1. The Lotatorium, now called Sullivan Square by decree of the City Council, is nearly complete. The finishing touches will happen when the weather warms up - landscaping, lighting, splash pad, benches, and more. A ribbon cutting ceremony has been scheduled for May 15th.
2. The Historic Gym, aka Bauer Building, is getting a new roof right now. The Council established an advisory committee to work on a long term plan for this building and more information will be forthcoming.
3. The new Law Enforcement Center is projected to be ready for temporary occupancy by late July 2020. Underground work is being installed currently, including plumbing and electric. This building will add a level of professionalism to the work our police force does.
4. A new east side sewer interceptor replacement project will take place between April and December 2020. We know there are a lot of questions and some trepidation surrounding this project, and city staff want to be sure you know they are more than happy to answer your questions over the phone or in person.
5. There are two sections of the Firetree housing project currently in development. One will be senior housing and one will be single family homes. Mid-America Bank has more information on these projects.
6. Sidewalk projects will be happening all over town when it warms up, so watch for more details on sidewalks coming soon.
7. And Casey’s? Well, that remains to be seen. The city has not received any official notices from the gas and convenience store company, although rumor around town says it’s possible there will be a second gas station in town soon.